Sunday, April 27, 2008

Beginning This Blog

And so, I begin.

I want a place to share little snippets and stories about Joey, my five year old little boy, with family. My BF, Momofali, started a blog nearly a year ago and is awesome (for any Momo fans who may happen to end up seeing this, I'm "Bean"). I never really had the desire or time to put the effort into what it would take for me to write clever and funny blogs like Momo does. Yet, one day it hit me that I could easily share things about Joey (and whatever else strikes me) in a blog!! My family (and friends?) can check it for Joey updates, and I'll have a journal!

I have been called Pickle for as long as I can remember. I loved pickles, and since my first name rhymes with "dill", my family and their friends started calling me "Jill Pickle". After a while my Dad would say, when I was still really little, "One sing, two sing, three sing, Pickle sing!" I don't know what the 'sing' is; I never thought to ask! I guess it is kind of a baby-talk type way of saying 'thing'. And still today, part of my family calls me Picklesing or Pickle at times ... even my husband and Joey call me Pickle sometimes! So I'm Pickle; read what I 'sing' about.

1 comment:

Momo Fali said...

Woo Hoo!! I knew you'd cave! You're going to love it.

And, the Pickle thing...why didn't I know this?