Tuesday, April 29, 2008

My Five Year Old Teenager

My first post about my little buggy is, unfortunately, mentioning some negative behavior. Joey was very, very, very upset about something yesterday that caused him to behave in a less than desirable manner (and to get lots of consequences as a result). He was crying and rocking (If you don't know, rocking is his way of self-soothing. He sits in a big chair in the living room and 'bounces' his upper half on the back of the chair over and over.) while I was in the kitchen, after his big blow-out. After a couple minutes I hear "The Pretender" by The Foo Fighters come on. My little boy was rocking out - singing quite loud in a wobbly, I've-been-crying voice, "So who are YOU? Yeah, who are YOU??" along with the song. My mind fast-forwarded to him as a teenager for a second. But only for a second ... I want to cherish every single moment of these younger years. And, when he can always make me smile even when I'm upset with him.

2 comments:

jp said...

Nice blog, Jill! :)

Momo Fali said...

I agree. Though sometimes I feel like my kids have been kids FOREVER.